Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fantastic Orchids From Costco!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010
At Costco today, I found the most beautiful cymbidium orchids, a yellow one and a rose-colored one! They’re three feet tall and FULL of blooms and buds, and they cost only $19.99 each! I want to go back and buy three more, but I don’t have the room. These two won’t fit under the special lights with my 32 other orchids in the basement, because they’re too tall. I’ll have to put them in front of the dining room windows.

At least, this time I didn’t embarrass myself like I did last month. I had bought two phalaenopsis orchids for $15 each at Costco. A few days later, I saw two more exotic varieties on the same cart, mixed in with the remaining phalaenopsis plants. It had been years since I’d seen either one in a store, and I couldn’t believe my luck! I was in a hurry, so I scooped them up and went to the check-out, wrapping them gently for protection from the cold weather.

When I got them home, I took them to the basement, watered them and wondered what kind of idiot would sell an orchid in a pot with no hole in the bottom. Then I realized, to my horror, that the damned plants were the best artificial orchids I’ve ever seen! I was mortified. I’m a Master Gardener, for God’s sake!

I propped them upside down to let the water completely drain, so the things would dry out. And then I took them back to Costco for a refund. The Customer Service clerk cracked up when I told her that I’d mistaken them for real. I should probably keep these stories to myself, but telling them keeps me humble . . . very humble!
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too funny! I'm starting from the bottom and working my way up! I KNEW I wanted to read your blogs...LMAO!!! I didn't hear about this one! hahahaha!!!!!

Post a Comment