Friday, February 12, 2010

Not a Paperback Writer . . . Yet

Friday, February 12, 2010
So what kind of writing will I be doing? Well, I’m working on a book and, eventually, I’d like to do a screenplay. But in the meantime, I’ll be bidding on and applying for freelance writing and editing jobs. As I mentioned in my second post, I’ve helped family members, co-workers and friends with business letters, homework assignments and whatever else they had to do.

Recently, I edited college application essays for a high school senior, the son of friends. Because he’s an excellent writer, editing his papers was more fun than work. There’s nothing like starting with good writing. I also put in about 40 hours editing a website for a Chinese school here in Michigan.

Also, after seeing a job-seeking college grad’s two-page cover letter, I offered to edit it down to one page. Well, when I saw what this young woman had already accomplished in her field, I realized the letter couldn’t be reduced to one page. Everything in it was valuable information. I was quite impressed.

The bottom line is I’m available to do business correspondence or pretty much anything else you need written, except technical writing and homework. I have a problem with helping a student pass someone else’s work off as his or her own. I will, however, edit school writing assignments, along with whatever else needs editing. So if you know of someone who could use my services, contact me at SLaurence50@gmail.com.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment